Answered Dec 29, 2019
Just look at the priorities, both individual and institutional.
- A school is, by definition, dealing with children and adolescents. The adults that they become are irrelevant. Because those adults are long gone from the school.
- The individual staff are there primarily to collect a paycheque for a job. The money may be fixed, with them wanting to minimise the effort and stress involved.
- Some staff may, themselves be bullies. Against their colleagues, their acquaintances, their spouses, and their own children. They think bullying is cool.
- Some staff may be the target of bullies. Such as their colleagues, their acquaintances, their spouses, and their own children.
- Some staff are also the target of those school bullies. And aren’t empowered by their employer to do anything about it.
- Generally, empathy is severely lacking in all parts of society.